When Good Friday comes, the devout Catholics would normally abstain from eating meat. In fact every Friday after Ash Wednesday, meat is rarely served as viand. The favorite dish among Filipinos every Friday is Ginisang Munggo paired with fried fish.
How to prepare this favorite Good Friday dish, here are the ingredients and the steps:
- 1 cup of mongo or mungo beans
- 3 tablespoons of patis
- 250 g of shrimps (tails and head removed)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 tomatoes cut in cubes
1. Start first by cooking the mongo beans.
2. Cook your mongo beans for at least two hours to be sure of its softness.
3. In a separate pan put some cooking oil and sauté your garlic, onions and tomatoes.
4. Add the shrimps.
5. Pour your mongo on this casserole and let this simmer for another fifteen minutes. Put your fish sauce, salt and pepper.
This dish is best served with steamed rice and fried fish. Enjoy your meal
Powered by Facebook CommentsRelated Posts
- Find Good Wine Tips Wine connoisseurs would definitely know which wine is the perfect one for the meal. There are various categories to choose...
- Hot Chicken Sopas It looks like summer is about to end here in the Philippines. For the past couple of days, it has...
- Learn How to Prepare Burong Isda Burong asan in the native dialect of Pampanga or Burong Isda, is also known as Fermented Fish with Rice in...
- Breakfast Fried Rice Recipe - Super Easy and Super Yummy! This easy to make recipe is sure to be a hit with the family! Kids love it and the smell...
- Beef Stroganoff noodle with broccoli Make this traditional old world recipe of Stroganoff-style beef with noodles and broccoli to make a filling and satisfying meal....
- It's Friday Night - Try Mexican Black Bean Casserole for Supper It's Friday night, and the fridge is looking pretty bare - must plan to go grocery shopping tomorrow! Meanwhile, instead...