This is a very simple recipe called Spaghetti Ala Oglio. Oglio is Italian garlic infused oil that is used to dress spaghetti or spaghettini. This is a very simple alternative to the usual tomato sauce or creamy sauce. The base of this sauce is olive oil.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- finely chopped parsley – as much as you want
- few pieces of finely chopped anchovies; use the preserved salted anchovies
- 1/4 kilo boiled spaghetti
1. Heat olive oil in pan
2. Saute chopped garlic until golden brown
3. Put in chopped parsley and saute for 30 seconds to bring out its flavor and aroma
4. Put in the chopped anchovies
5. After a minute, mix the oglio with the pre-boiled spaghetti
You can create a variety of this oglio by mixing in peeled prawns instead of anchovies. You can use both anchovies and prawns as well. You can add chilli flakes if you like it hot!
This recipe may be served with fresh green salad. That shall be enough to be a complete meal for your family.
Powered by Facebook CommentsRelated Posts
- Dish for Good Friday: Ginisang Munggo When Good Friday comes, the devout Catholics would normally abstain from eating meat. In fact every Friday after Ash Wednesday,...
- FTF: Lunch Time in the Office Like our ordinary days as office employees; my colleagues and I are thinking on where to dine during lunch breaks....
- Menudo Tapas Version In my previous post entitled: Men Can Cook Menudo, I have provided you the standard recipe of this yummy dish....
- Cowboy Spaghetti Recipe This Cowboy Spaghetti Recipe has a great combination of flavors. It is a little different than the regular spaghetti...
- 3 Meat Pizza Casserole Recipe Pizza was on the menu until I came across this 3 Meat Pizza Casserole Recipe. I didn’t feel like dealing...
- Asian Baked Pork Chop Recipe A simple recipe. This Asian Pork Chop recipe has a unique blend of flavors. My first thought when I saw...