This is a very simple recipe called Spaghetti Ala Oglio. Oglio is Italian garlic infused oil that is used to dress spaghetti or spaghettini. This is a very simple alternative to the usual tomato sauce or creamy sauce. The base of this sauce is olive oil.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- finely chopped parsley – as much as you want
- few pieces of finely chopped anchovies; use the preserved salted anchovies
- 1/4 kilo boiled spaghetti
1. Heat olive oil in pan
2. Saute chopped garlic until golden brown
3. Put in chopped parsley and saute for 30 seconds to bring out its flavor and aroma
4. Put in the chopped anchovies
5. After a minute, mix the oglio with the pre-boiled spaghetti
You can create a variety of this oglio by mixing in peeled prawns instead of anchovies. You can use both anchovies and prawns as well. You can add chilli flakes if you like it hot!
This recipe may be served with fresh green salad. That shall be enough to be a complete meal for your family.
Powered by Facebook CommentsRelated Posts
- Healthy Meal: Sippho Egg In Pampanga, a dish named "Sippho Egg" is actually a combination of veggies, ham and quail eggs. This dish is...
- Hot Chicken Sopas It looks like summer is about to end here in the Philippines. For the past couple of days, it has...
- Menudo Tapas Version In my previous post entitled: Men Can Cook Menudo, I have provided you the standard recipe of this yummy dish....
- Cowboy Spaghetti Recipe This Cowboy Spaghetti Recipe has a great combination of flavors. It is a little different than the regular spaghetti...
- Spanish Rice Recipe Its so easy. This Spanish Rice recipe tastes great. Very little prep time. I don’t think a packaged mix could...
- North Bar Halibut Outside the Gate 8/20/10 Went halibut fishing with Captain Perry, deckhand Mikey, and the Sea Turtle outside the gate on the north bar. Yet...