This is a very simple recipe called Spaghetti Ala Oglio. Oglio is Italian garlic infused oil that is used to dress spaghetti or spaghettini. This is a very simple alternative to the usual tomato sauce or creamy sauce. The base of this sauce is olive oil.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- finely chopped parsley – as much as you want
- few pieces of finely chopped anchovies; use the preserved salted anchovies
- 1/4 kilo boiled spaghetti
1. Heat olive oil in pan
2. Saute chopped garlic until golden brown
3. Put in chopped parsley and saute for 30 seconds to bring out its flavor and aroma
4. Put in the chopped anchovies
5. After a minute, mix the oglio with the pre-boiled spaghetti
You can create a variety of this oglio by mixing in peeled prawns instead of anchovies. You can use both anchovies and prawns as well. You can add chilli flakes if you like it hot!
This recipe may be served with fresh green salad. That shall be enough to be a complete meal for your family.
Powered by Facebook CommentsRelated Posts
- FTF: Lunch Time in the Office Like our ordinary days as office employees; my colleagues and I are thinking on where to dine during lunch breaks....
- Ranchero Rice Searching for a delicious rice recipe? Why not try preparing Ranchero Rice. During one of the SM Master Chef Cooking...
- Hot Chicken Sopas It looks like summer is about to end here in the Philippines. For the past couple of days, it has...
- BBQ Sauce Recipe If you want to do your own barbeque sauce here is a great recipe. There is a little prep time...
- Cowboy Spaghetti Recipe This Cowboy Spaghetti Recipe has a great combination of flavors. It is a little different than the regular spaghetti...
- Fabulous Feta and Sundried Tomato Pasta Salad This recipe originally was from D'Amico and Sons, but I have modified it a bit. It can be a main...