This is a very simple recipe called Spaghetti Ala Oglio. Oglio is Italian garlic infused oil that is used to dress spaghetti or spaghettini. This is a very simple alternative to the usual tomato sauce or creamy sauce. The base of this sauce is olive oil.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- finely chopped parsley – as much as you want
- few pieces of finely chopped anchovies; use the preserved salted anchovies
- 1/4 kilo boiled spaghetti
1. Heat olive oil in pan
2. Saute chopped garlic until golden brown
3. Put in chopped parsley and saute for 30 seconds to bring out its flavor and aroma
4. Put in the chopped anchovies
5. After a minute, mix the oglio with the pre-boiled spaghetti
You can create a variety of this oglio by mixing in peeled prawns instead of anchovies. You can use both anchovies and prawns as well. You can add chilli flakes if you like it hot!
This recipe may be served with fresh green salad. That shall be enough to be a complete meal for your family.
Powered by Facebook CommentsRelated Posts
- FTF: Coffee Break with Wifey I missed FTF last week because I am busy with work. But this time, I made sure that I would...
- Hot Chicken Sopas It looks like summer is about to end here in the Philippines. For the past couple of days, it has...
- Healthy Meal: Sippho Egg In Pampanga, a dish named "Sippho Egg" is actually a combination of veggies, ham and quail eggs. This dish is...
- BBQ Sauce Recipe If you want to do your own barbeque sauce here is a great recipe. There is a little prep time...
- Simple Spaghetti Sauce Recipe For as long as I can remember, even back into childhood we have had spaghetti at least once a week...
- 3 Meat Pizza Casserole Recipe Pizza was on the menu until I came across this 3 Meat Pizza Casserole Recipe. I didn’t feel like dealing...