This is a very simple recipe called Spaghetti Ala Oglio. Oglio is Italian garlic infused oil that is used to dress spaghetti or spaghettini. This is a very simple alternative to the usual tomato sauce or creamy sauce. The base of this sauce is olive oil.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- finely chopped parsley – as much as you want
- few pieces of finely chopped anchovies; use the preserved salted anchovies
- 1/4 kilo boiled spaghetti
1. Heat olive oil in pan
2. Saute chopped garlic until golden brown
3. Put in chopped parsley and saute for 30 seconds to bring out its flavor and aroma
4. Put in the chopped anchovies
5. After a minute, mix the oglio with the pre-boiled spaghetti
You can create a variety of this oglio by mixing in peeled prawns instead of anchovies. You can use both anchovies and prawns as well. You can add chilli flakes if you like it hot!
This recipe may be served with fresh green salad. That shall be enough to be a complete meal for your family.
Powered by Facebook CommentsRelated Posts
- Hot Chicken Sopas It looks like summer is about to end here in the Philippines. For the past couple of days, it has...
- Pacquiao vs Mosley Upcoming Fight On Saturday night at MGM Grand will be the most awaited bout between the number 1 pound-for-pound boxer Manny Pacquiao...
- Beefy Beef Puchero Beef puchero is one of my favorite dishes. I would often ask my wife to cook one for me ,...
- Fabulous Feta and Sundried Tomato Pasta Salad This recipe originally was from D'Amico and Sons, but I have modified it a bit. It can be a main...
- Thai Grilled Chicken Thigh Recipe Simply Delicious. This Thai Grilled Chicken Thigh Recipe has very little prep time and can marinade for as little as...
- Asian Baked Pork Chop Recipe A simple recipe. This Asian Pork Chop recipe has a unique blend of flavors. My first thought when I saw...